Notice there are only two non-Saturdays? Yeah, well that's because Jason only worked two days this week. To me, it's kind of funny. Funny because I know that everything will work out or funny because the financial stress has driven me to insanity, I do not know.
Meanwhile, I've tried to make sure that instead of moping around, we enjoy this slow life because who knows how long it will last.
On Saturday (aka Monday) we went to the park to feed the ducks, slide, run and swing (does swinging ever get old?).
On Saturday (aka Thursday) we started cleaning our disastrous room then followed orders from Clara to flap our arms at the dinner table. She would flap her arms and then point to people she wanted to copy her.Apparently parenthesis are my new best friend.

8 comments:
Anna, I'm always thinking about you........ :)
I like your cacti. Can I just say cactuses? Because even if that isn't grammatically correct- it IS more fun to say. However you say it, I miss the desert and the prickly Cacti-uses. :)
I wish it was warm warm warm. Ugh, just today I was thinking how tired I am of wearing a coat/jacket. We had a few days of high 60 degree weather this past week, then back to the cold cold COLD. Sigh.
sounds like a fun week and i'm glad you enjoyed it.
I love parenthesis!! I know it is stressful, but you are doing a great job enjoying it! Those times together are sometimes so rare. I'm sure Clara is having a blast having Mom and Dad to play with all the time. And I really love how little girls bring out the best in their dads. Would Jason have ever imagined himself flapping his arms at the dinner table like 8 years ago? ha ha I love it!
I love that you have choosen to make the most of your {newfound} time together. have you heard the song Swing Life Away by Rise Against? It reminded me of this post because you decided to swing life away! I think it is fabulous. Clara is so lucky to have such a sweet Momma.
I could use a couple extra Saturdays! Way to see the silver lining.
P.S. Could I talk my family into a 10 handed foot rub? They could do both my feet and they can each take one toe per hand. . . How is your husband so nice?
Awww. My favorite days are those when Ernie and I both get to stay home with Lily. Within the next month I should be able to quit my job and have more days like that! Hurray!
I didn't know Clara had curls! I always got the impression she had pin-straight hair! I love blonde curls (and was secretly hoping for a baby with golden blonde curls while I was pregnant with Lily...shhh, don't tell anyone)
How fun! Not having enough work can be so scary but so nice at the same time! When Trent and I were unemployed we tried to do exactly what you guys are doing, enjoy each other! Beats being freaked out all the time that's for sure. It's kinda fun to have that time to spend together. It's funny too because I will always look back on that time as one full of happy memories instead of fear. I'm glad you guys are having fun! Enjoy every minute of it because before you know it you'll all be busy working again (which is a good thing too) :)
I'm am endlessly impressed with your positive attitude. Trials, unfortunately, come to us all, but how we deal with them... that's up to us. You rock Anna.
Post a Comment