Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rilly Silly Goose

Clara makes me laugh all the time. Like today, when she was so tired from not getting a nap (running unsuccessful errands all afternoon is awesome), I told her to look at me when she wasn't minding and her big eyes look up and out the corner and blink rapidly. Yeah, I kept it together for about 10 seconds, but she continued (for a good 30 seconds or so) and I couldn't help it. Or when she took her pj's and panties off and got in the bath tub and turned the water on (it's the first time she's fully undressed herself too). Here are some of the times I was able to get it on camera... notice her facial expressions.

Never enough shoes... And she stomps around in them too, making it funnier. She's been into jumping off things lately. Here she's jumping from the speaker.
I told her to pick up my 45-lb. bucket of wheat. She tried. Seriously.
For a while, she would get my jacket and ask me to put it on her. Then she found the glasses too. She thought she was oh so cute.One afternoon as I was making dinner, I saw her grab Jason's scriptures. I was listening to make sure I didn't hear her tear the pages (she's normally pretty good at that) and didn't hear anything for a while. I assumed she was sitting on the couch just turning pages, but when I went to peek on her, I found her laying on her belly 'reading' out loud, content as could be.
One morning Jason went to get her out of her crib and I heard him start cracking up. I went in to see what was going on and this is what he'd walked into. Somehow, Clara had got her head out, but not her arms.
Dancing before church.
As we drive home from my parent's on Sunday nights, Clara is usually grumpy since it's past her bed time and she hasn't had a nap. To stop her whining, she likes to "hold my hand". A few Sundays ago, she wasn't happy until she could hold both mine and Jason's hands. If only I were that easily satisfied...
Clara loves to copy me, including putting on makeup. Notice the three dots of cover up in the middle of her forehead.
Here is Little Miss Awesome in all her glory. I eat lots of candy and consequently, there's lots of it around our house. Clara will typically make a note of where it is so that when I'm occupied, she knows right where to go to get herself a little treat. Usually this means I'm pressed to get something done for work so I will typically just let her do it so I can take care of whatever it is I'm working on. The other morning, that is exactly what happened. She just eats the treats and when I say her name, she looks at me like, asking me with her eyes: what are you going to do about it? Part of me wants to laugh, part of me wants to scream that I have no control over her and part of me wants to handle the situation maturely. Anyway, I was in bed working and she was on the other side of my night stand, so her head was covered with the lampshade and as I looked over, I saw her dump the mostly empty bag upside down and stick her little tongue out to catch the crumbs. It was awfully cute (I got some good pictures of it, don't worry). But then, I captured "the look", complete with her fluffy bedhead and slobber and crumbs running down her chin.

6 comments:

Jamie Wilkinson said...

buaahahahahahaha...that is HILarious! Whenever Lily does some she knows she isn't supposed to do or I tell her no, she gets right up into my face to make sure I'm looking at her and starts laughing. I try so hard to keep a straight face, but I usually can't stop myself from laughing. Silly girls.

DeWitts said...

Clara makes me smile. She's so funny. I have to hold coops hand too when he's tired in the car.

Lindsay said...

What a good mom to document all this cuteness!!! How precious is the scripture reading??!???! And the kids often want to hold my hand too while we're driving, but I only allow it until my arm falls asleep. ;)

Unknown said...

She is just so stinkin' cute! She is one of those girls that looks adorable all the time! she is so silly too!

Kate said...

Those are awesome pictures. I especially liked the one of her jumping off the speaker. Also of the one where she tried to undress herself but only managed to get her head out. That's so funny!

Beka said...

ANNA, holy cow, its so funny how similar my boys are to her in the things they do: jumping onto the couch from the side of something, undressing in the crib, holding hands to calm them down in the car ride home, opening scriptures to babble like they are reading...i love love love this age!!!