Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cycles, Emotions & WD-40

Life is full of cycles. Quite often, it seems my life is a never-ending, yet reoccurring emotional cycle (no, not that one). Each time, I go full circle. Glide along, struggle, struggle more, feel hopelessness, adjust attitude, feel hopeful, see the light, glide along. Repeated, indefinitely. It often makes me feel like an emotional wreck, although I admittedly learn and grow along the way.

Yesterday, for good reason might I add, I entered the "feel hopelessness" phase of my current cycle. Sometimes that phase is longer than desired. Fortunately, today I am already in the "feel hopeful" phase. And I'm very hopeful that someday soon my window in Heaven will be sprayed with some WD-40 so it can open just a bit more. :)

Meanwhile, I have one awesome kid to keep me laughing.

4 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

that thing in creepy. Clara is brave getting so close.

I hope the WD-40 works. I like the smell of that stuff for some reason.

angela hardison said...

Anna, you're amazing. I don't know how you do it.

I love you! And that picture.

Cook Zoo said...

The bad thing about cycles is knowing the good times aren't forever and trials will surely come. The good thing about cycles is knowing the bad times don't last either, and happiness is inevitable.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Ahhh...I am all to familiar with that cycle (although when I read your title, my first thought was the other cycle...haha). But the trials and helplessness and how you deal with them defines your character, right? If life were always roses then we'd be brainless morons with spacey expressions plastered to our perfectly wrinkle-less (and decidedly dull) foreheads. Character is much more interesting. And you are amazing!

ps: I love Clara's expression in that picture. And I agree, I wouldn't want to get near that creepy guy.