What are the chances of my side-by-side freezer going out less than four months after having to purchase a new outside freezer? I bet they are pretty slim. Consider me lucky. That's right, lucky as a duck can be. Yesterday morning I noticed my fridge making a different noise. Not loud, but different. My first thought was to check the freezer. Sure enough, the thawing had begun. The fridge was fine though. I transferred most everything into my outside freezer. Every now and then it's not a bad idea to clean out your freezer anyway. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to go without an inside freezer until we could find a way to get it fixed.
This morning I noticed the fridge wasn't fine. Oh lovely. Jason went and bought some ice and I packed the ice chest full and had a few items take refuge at the neighbor's. After figuring out the problem, Jason got the part and fixed the fridge for a little over $40. Much better than buying a whole new fridge! While I give credit to Jason for diagnosing the problem and eventually fixing it, I must say that if I hadn't come home, taken one look at the first part he bought and told him it was the wrong part, he'd still be sitting on the kitchen floor with the wrong one. He was given the wrong part by "the new guy" (it's always the new guy's fault) and when he went to exchange it, they gave him two of the part we need. That was very nice of them because based on our history, we'll be needing it much sooner than the average fridge owner.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have the other kind of luck. But until then, I will be happy to have access to my favorite filtered water in the world.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Mmmmm . . . salsa . . . and garlic . . . and salad dressing.
Anna, Congratulations! You just earned the dedication to my Friends Clip of the Week!
Check it out!
Your confessions post cracked me up. Mostly because that sounds just like my life(only I'm probably a little worse). It's so good to hear I'm not the only one.
And I got worn out just reading your busy three day schedule. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know how you do it all.
LOL! You are too funny!
Isn't it amazing how when we were younger and we saw our Parents going through things like this, we couldn't really grasp why it was such a big deal. I mean, it's a fridge. Go by a new one. But now that we are the adults, we absolutely see the frustration and stress behind it all. I bet our Parents are secretly laughing every time one of their Children goes through something like this.
You are so lucky! haha! Really this isn't funny but i'm glad you didn't have to buya new one. Good job Jason on fixing the fridge!
How about you keep your luck on your side of the fence...O.K?
Our ice maker went out. . . Can Jason figure out whats wrong and then you can confirm the right part? I really miss ice. . .
Post a Comment