Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fun Times

It's been a fun weekend. Friday morning we went to the Zoo with Lisa and Travis. While there, we went to the little Farm area. I think I took Clara in that area once when she was about three months old, but we haven't been back. She loved it, although she didn't want to share anything with Travis. She rode the little fake animals, sat on the tractors and had fun swinging. On our way out, we got the kids to hold hands for about 5 seconds. We lucked out and had great weather. Plus, it's always fun to visit with family and watch Clara spend time with cousins.
That night, we planned to go out to dinner with Brenden and Nikki for Jason's birthday (which is Monday). I thought it'd be nice not to have to stress about Clara, so I attempted to find someone to watch her. My mom was out of town, Kathryn was out of town, Angela was busy, the one girl I called in our Ward was out of town (I've never had a youth watch her, but it was just going to be for a few hours and they wouldn't need to put her to bed) and Nylene was busy. So I called Genny. Her kids were going to be with her parents so I felt bad, but I after I couldn't get ahold of another friend, I figured since it was just a few hours for dinner, it'd be fine.

So I got home from the Zoo and was trying to relax a little before making a cake, cleaning the house and getting myself ready for dinner. Just as I was getting ready to get up, my phone rang.

It was Genny.

Anna: Did you have your baby? (Ha, I'd just talked to her a few hours earlier)
Genny: No, my water broke.
Anna: Oh, what do you want me to do? (I was thinking something like watch the kids, take her to the hospital, pack her bags, etc. You know, something to help her)
Genny: Find someone else to watch Clara tonight. (Ha ha)

I went over and did Kim's hair (although Roccy seemed to feel this wasn't exactly helpful) and filled a plastic fish with goldfish crackers. I was hoping to be a little more helpful, but Genny is just too organized for me. But I did a good job standing around and coming up with good ideas. Like suggesting we tell Kimball Genny was inside having her baby when he got home from work.

After attempting to get a babysitter and failing 8 times, I figured Clara could just come with us. She isn't bad, just busy. She was crawling all over me, playing in the condiments, making huge messes and wanting to do anything but sit in the high chair. Someday I'll be able to go out to dinner and eat in less than an hour and a half. :)

We went to Famous Dave's. I'm really not a fan of that place. At all. But, it was for Jason's birthday (and Brendon's was last week) and I knew they liked it, especially Jason. It was fun visiting with Nikki and Brendon. After dinner, we came back to our house to visit more. I'm certain we could've visited all night had our schedules allowed. Since I didn't make a cake, we had oreos and milk for dessert. Good friends and good times.

7 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Clara COULD HAVE come to the oh so fun carnival with us, ya know!! BUT NO!!!!

Beka said...

YA i know!!! How long have i been saying that? i love the tractor pic of clara...she's so funny! Cant wait to hear from you:)

Kate said...

Did you run out of friends before you got to me or something? I don't recall getting a call from you - even though we had gone out to eat that night too - you still could have at least tried to call. Whatever. ;) Just teasing. Hey remember when we were going to try to do an unfair trade off where you watch my 2 boys while I watch your 1 daughter? We should try it again. Sorry things didn't work out on Friday for you. I usually hate eating out with the kids. Everywhere is a carnival to them. Ha ha.

Justin & Carli said...

So...you should add me to your list to call anytime you need a babysitter. Clara is so cute and I would love to meet her!

Deb said...

Love the zoo pictures. I keep making plans to take my kids to the zoo and I keep having to cancel. Hopefully next week. This one is already booked.

Kids in resturants are NO FUN. But they do get better the older they get.

Cook Zoo said...

That's a funny story. And I think styling Kim's hair was way helpful! ;) I haven't been to the Phoenix zoo in forever - they didn't have the tractors then. Maybe we should go back. :)

Lisa said...

Travis looks like a MONSTER in my picture of him on that tractor!! It is much more Clara's size. We had a great time, thanks again for inviting us.