Saturday, September 27, 2008

Taggies

Lots of kids love taggy blankets. Apparently the blogosphere has their own adult version of taggies that they are obsessed with: "Tags". I've had several come across my way lately. To be honest (no offense, please), I think these are silly. But I do them because I think it's a great way to record interesting facts about ourselves for our posterity that we might not otherwise record. This is probably the last time I do this.


Moving on...

Six Quirks (I might have already done this, but oh well, I have plenty of quirks):
1. I have a hard time looking at things or hearing of different businesses without considering in my mind how they are accounting for it from a financial standpoint. I tell you, accounting really adds excitement to life.
2. My shower routine is always the same. Every time. Even my body is washed in the same order.
3. I can't stand to walk on the left side of the road. It makes me feel unorganized.
4. I get so nervous about messing up when I'm playing the piano that before I mess up, I stop and start the measure over. Jason calls me the stuttering pianist.
5. I don't shave my legs much. In the Summer, it's normally once a week for church. In the Winter, maybe once a month. :) Funny side story: one morning Clara was on my lap and felt my legs (mind you, my hair isn't really that thick) and said "ow!". Ha ha.
6. I am constantly conjuring up ways to save a dollar and will got to great extent to do so.
7. I am OCD about adding. Whenever I add something by hand, I add it at least twice before I'm comfortable that it's right.


My ABC's:
A. Attached or single: Attached
B. Best Friend(s): I have a best friend from every stage of life (Poway, Snowflake, Mtn. View, career life and marriage)
C. Cake or pie: A really good cake or a cream pie
D. Day of Choice: Friday because Jason normally gets off early and I am guaranteed to be free of work phone calls until Monday and if I'm not, I don't feel guilty for ignoring them
E. Essential Item: Love
F. Favorite Color: Mostly greens
G. Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Um, they are pretty much the same
H. Hometown: Mesa
I. Indulgence: Treats, eating out, cooking and pedicures
J. January or July: I love both for different reasons. January - anniversary, cooler weather & still enjoying the holiday residue; July - 4th of July, summer, swimming & bbq's
K. Kids: Clara (maybe more later)
L. Life isn't complete without: family, friends & Gospel
M. Marriage date: 1.10.2004
N. Number of brothers/sisters: 4 brothers and 4 sisters (and I just realized I had a dream last night my mom was pregnant again, oh mercy, that was scary!)
O. Oranges or apples: Oranges
P. Phobias: death
Q. Quotes: I love quotes and there is no way to specify one or two favorites, so here are a few good ones:

When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams. Dr. Seuss

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Walt Emerson

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. Kurt Cobain

In all living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us,...if we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers. Gordon B. Hinckley

R. Reasons to smile: Life
S. Season of choice: Winter/Fall/Spring in Arizona (so basically, the 9 months out of the year that we have beautiful weather)
T. Tag some people: Anyone who wants an excuse to record random facts for your posterity
U. Unknown fact about me: I am an open book... but maybe people didn't know that when I moved here in 9th grade, I was anything but outgoing. Now, I have no qualms about talking to just about anyone about nearly anything.
V. Vegetable: I don't know if I can decide, I love veggies. Maybe sweet potatoes, broccoli, spinach or corn.
W. Worst habit: Falling asleep without getting ready for bed. I've gotten SO much better at avoiding this though.
X. X-ray or Ultrasound: If I brake my arm, I want an x-ray; if I am having a baby, I want an ultrasound. This is weird, who cares?
Y. Your favorite food: I love food. I have never been able to narrow this to one. I love fresh well-prepared fish, salad, a good steak, sweet potato fries, pizza
Z. Zodiac Sign: Another dumb question, so I'm not going to answer it. Because, who cares?


In One Word (if you know me, you'll know this is the hardest thing for me to do... keep my responses to a word and not add additional commentary):
Where is your cell phone?................................. Charging
Your significant other?...................................... Jason
Your hair?........................................................... Crazy
Your mother?..................................................... Lovely
Your father?....................................................... Genius
Your favorite thing?.......................................... Life
Your dream last night....................................... Funny
Your favorite drink........................................... Water
Your dream/goal............................................... Happiness
The room you're in............................................ Bedroom
Your children?................................................... Awesome
Your Fear?......................................................... Failing
Where do you want to be in 6 years?............. Arizona
Where were you last night?............................. Home
What you're not?............................................... Tired
Muffins?.............................................................. Tops
One of your wish list items?............................. House
Where'd you grow up?...................................... Different
What'd you read last?....................................... www.notmilk.com
What are you wearing?.................................... Clothes
Your TV?........................................................... Off
Your pet?........................................................... None
Your computer?................................................ Dell
Your life?........................................................... Going
Your mood?...................................................... Relaxed
Missing someone?............................................ Family
Your car?.......................................................... Civic
Something you're not wearing?..................... Shoes
Favorite store?................................................ Costco
Your summer?................................................. Fun
Like someone?................................................. Yes
Your favorite color?........................................ Depends
Last time you laughed.................................... Today
Last time you cried?........................................ Yesterday

Yeah, I know, this post was lame. :)

4 comments:

Marie said...

I think they are lame too. Sorry for tagging you! I know you would do it though. Thanks

Deb said...

That wasn't lame, it was fun to read.

I loooove good quotes. Quotes are my thing. Those were some good ones!

Cook Zoo said...

I've been hoping Roccy would tag me on hers from earlier this summer, cuz that one looked fun, but I was really, really, really hoping I would not get tagged on these. LOL! Fun to read, but not to write. You're a good sport Anna. :)

Kate said...

I take my shower in the same order every time too. Have to make sure I don't forget anything! I also admit that I only shave my legs once a week too - lucky for us this week is conference so we can go TWO weeks without shaving! Yes!