It seems now, however, the older I get, the more complicated life gets. And as life gets more complicated, the more I need my spiritual moments. As my problems increase and grow, so does my need for spiritual nourishment. I no longer believe in such thing as spiritual overdose.
Otherwise it would've happened this weekend.
Saturday night I enjoyed dinner with Angela and my mom at Angela's before watching the Relief Society broadcast. One of the women spoke about creating beauty. It was, well, beautiful. My favorite thoughts came from Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. He said something to the effect of: You (speaking to the women) tend to focus on your imperfections and failures instead of your achievements. It was interesting to realize the truth in this while thinking about a "positive parenting" approach, where we praise our children for the good they do rather than scold them for bad. Shouldn't we do that with ourselves?
This morning Lamar received the Melchizedek priesthood. It was a neat experience and really helped me take a step back and think about things in life that we take for granted. He's so respectful of this authority and he's such a great example. I really admire him and find strength in his story.
I think Clara wants Mancala for Christmas... and check out her little crossed legs. I kept trying to take "action" pictures of these three, but Mason kept turning and smiling at the camera. Ha ha.
Kurt's son, Reed, reported on his mission today. It's amazing how strong the testimonies of these "boys" are when they return. He spoke a lot on knowing and not just believing. I had all these great thoughts come into my mind and now I can't remember them. I guess that's why we're supposed to write them down.
Although enlightening, my day was not really relaxing, it looked a little like this: 8:30am drop off Nursery music props, 9:00am church with Lamar (Dobson Ranch), 11:15am Lamar received priesthood, Noon luncheon for Lamar, 1:30pm Reed's report (North Mesa), 3:00pm visiting at Kevin & Chrystie's (Gilbert), 5:00pm dinner at my parent's for dad's birthday (North Mesa) and 8:00pm Cub Committee meeting. Ahhh, if only 10:00pm was relax and go to bed instead of begin long night of work. :)

6 comments:
What a great day Anna!
I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. It was really unique.
I loved Women's Conference also.
Last night Ang told me a great Clara story. (potty training...hint, hint) I had to laugh. I am a little nevrous for those days.
I always think its funny when they call Sunday "a day of rest." Ha!!
I also like Pres Uchdorf's comments. I like when he said the number of prayers we say contributes to our happiness but the number of prayers we answer is of greater importance.
Sounds like you had a full day!
I know what you mean. I really need the spiritual boosts of conferences and things like that. And Sundays are so rarely a "day of rest." Ah well. ;)
Post a Comment