This morning my visiting teachers left and I looked at the messy room that was spotless moments earlier. I started wondering why my house ALWAYS seems messy. So here you are. Five reasons my house is MESSY:
- Too much junk. This is mostly because I have too many client files and we have residue from when Jason worked from home. Not to mention Clara's toys.
- Not enough storage/space (I can't wait to have an office that is NOT in my bedroom and a place to put Clara's toys). I guess maybe I should consider getting rid of some of Clara's toys, but seriously, she doesn't have a ton, we just don't have anywhere to put them. Her bedroom is 8'x9' (that's right, 72 WHOPPING square feet).
- I schedule too many things in my day. This results in me scrambling to get things done on time and then rushing to start the next thing, leaving me with no time to clean up or organize from the previous task. Vicious little cycle.
- I have a little problem. If I don't have time to deep clean (which is pretty much never), I have a hard time cleaning at all. I'm working on this.
- At night, I think: I'm too tired to clean, I'll do it tomorrow. In the morning I always tell myself: I will put that pile away tomorrow. These cycles are killing me.
**Today Jason took Clara fishing with him. I've been home for three hours trying to organize my room. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it (I'm sitting in the only little clean corner on my bed), but I'm three hours closer to having a clean room. And I'm sure when my room is finally clean enough to be pleasant and relaxing, we'll move. That's my luck!
I had a cute little picture of Clara to put on here, but my awesome computer is being quite lame.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love doing a huge 3-hr cleaning of one room! It feels SO good when it's done. If only I would do that more...
I can SO relate. With five of us in this little house, there is just nowhere to put things. Half the time when I look at a pile of something to put away, I think "But there's no 'away' to put it to."
Was that sentence grammatically correct?
Anyway, I feel your pain.
I can also relate too. I'm cleaning today also, Coopers playroom also the computer room is a mess. Good luck!
I used to be the biggest clean and organization freak. My House was always spotless, no matter what. And then I got pregnant. I am now either way too sick or way too tired to do anything. So my sweet Husband picks up the slack on the weekends. I hope I get some sort of energy back soon.
Post a Comment