There are always those people who think they're always "busy" (me). These last few weeks have been a little crazy with everything I have going on. But, when I was going to school full time and working full time, I was super duper busy. I always told myself life would be less busy after I graduated. I knew I'd still have things to do, but it's a different kind of busy. To me, working full time and going to school full time is busy. Working from home, having a kid (laugh away all you mothers of more than one), cooking, cleaning, vacations, etc. is crazy. Sometimes I say I'm busy, but I really mean I just have a lot to do without as much stress as before. I get stressed and overwhelmed, but nothing compares to my college years. There are things that need to get done, but oft times they aren't accompanied by deadlines. During college, I had to be in certain places at certain times of the day. I had to study a certain amount of stuff or complete a certain project before a specific time. Plus, I was gone almost all day every day at school or work so Saturday was my only day to run errands, clean, do laundry, etc. Now, I'm not going to fail if I don't get the laundry folded before I go on vacation. Most of my deadlines for work are general. I feel overwhelmed with everything I have to get done for work, but most of it is stuff I just need to get done at some point in the future. I don't have to get it done by 9:15 am on Monday and I won't be tested on it. So you see, that is my opinion of crazy versus busy. And lately, my life has been crazy. Normally I'm willing to sacrifice some sleep to blog, write, read, whatever. But these last few weeks I've had to sacrifice more than my desired amount of sleep just to get the necessary things done.
Less than 24 hours after I got home from Hawley Lake, we left to San Diego for three days. Tonight we were supposed to go to Eager for my cousin's reception, but last night I decided to go to the one in Yuma. Going out of town back to back is never easy, especially not with kids and work. But now I have a full unexpected day with Jason to help with Clara so that I can try to get more caught up on work. And 'journaling'. :)
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Tyler and I are total homebodies. We like to go on Vacations, but we rarely ever do. We are going to Sea World next weekend ( it will be Douglas's first time ) but we haven't been out of Arizona in a LONG time.
A lot of times I tell myself I am busy but I really think I am just crazy - especially since I am pregnant and chasing around a 3 year old. That would drive anyone crazy !
So, would you say you're crazy busy? I'm glad you're having fun! But, I do miss you. A few times this week the door bell has rung and I thought for sure it would be you and Clara, but alas, it wasn't.
::sigh::
Your life sounds so busy but also so fun!
I love the pics from Hawley lake! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Anna i thoroughly enjoyed looking at each and everyone of your pictures form you cabin trip. That looks like such a beautiful place! And all the fun little creatures that you guys found! How amazing!
I'm so glad you took time to "journal"! I've gotten spoiled with your frequent blogging. And I totally agree that there are different ways to be busy, some good and some not so good.
Post a Comment