Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Faux-toes

Last month I got a new camera. After much research, Jason decided the Cannon G9 was the best option since I couldn't have the 40D due to the slight price difference. :) The G9 is like a mix between a point-and-shoot and an SLR. I haven't gotten to know it as much as I would like since I was just excited to have a camera that took a picture less than 10 seconds after the button was pressed! I love taking pictures (shocking, I know) and looking at them and can't wait to relearn everything I learned in my High School photography class so I can utilize all of the nifty features this camera offers and use the manual mode. (I love run on sentences too).

Meanwhile, there are several preset modes and simple settings that I have had fun with so far.

Picture color quality is great.
Zoom
I was on my far couch when I took this.

Macro
The Macro function is awesome. If only I could get Clara to smile and hold still while it was focusing...

FoliageOkay, so my long shadow isn't part of the foliage. But it's cool. I've always wanted to be super tall.

Color accent: Yes, you can do this with Photo Shop, but it's fun to be able to take the picture that way.Jason's dad looks crazy here, but I love the blue label that matches his huge eyes. And this one is just cool.Somehow we got a picture with two colors and Jason's friends did as well, but neither of us can do it again. I think if you change the settings it will pick up anything with that color in it (pink and purple here) because the other one I saw was green and yellow.
Fireworks

13 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Woo hoo! From now on we'll just call you "Legs."

The Gotzingers said...

WOW!! I am jealous!! I got a new camera last year and I am NOT diggin mine so much!!! I'll have to check into yours. FUN!!!

JLynn said...

that's a cool camera you got there. nice features. i asked curt what does "fox-toes" mean. Fake toes?? he said "Faux(foe)-toes". what i don't get it. we kept pronouncing then finally we got Fo-toes. :) LOL. gotta love us. :)

Deb said...

okay, I always say I'm going to read throught my camera manual and learn how to work all of the different functions, but it's been a year since and I am still "none the wiser". You have now inspired me to really learn how to use my camera to it's fullest potential.

Beka said...

good thing you have few months to save up to buy me the same AWESOME camera for my birthday!!

Marie said...

You got your camera! I bet you are so excited. Have fun with it.

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

I am impressed with your camera skills. Let me know how you like it. I am in need of a new camera. Clara is getting so big. So, you changed you mind about another? ;)

Unknown said...

- color - accent - is - cool -

I AM JOE PESCI said...

love those pics! what a great camera!

Trent & Lindz said...

Trent and I still can't figure out how to take more than one color with that stupid color accent thing! So frustrating. Especially since we've done it before. We even got the manual out and did exactly what it said and it still doesn't work... Oh well! Looks like you're having fun with your camara. I love pictures!

mommy said...

I like the foliage!

Julie said...

I got a new camera at Christmas and I don't think its that cool. I should have gone shopping with you!

Cook Zoo said...

Awesome! I love the way you can make just one color show up. I need to pull out my manual and figure out what in the heck macro is for. I've no idea. But your pic looked great! :)