Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunsets

Jason had to work on Saturday and I didn't want to be home alone all day with Clara again so I had him take us to my mom's. She was taking Lily and her friend to see Wall*e so we tagged along. Two movies in one week... That's more than Jason and I have seen together in 18 months. But what's the point of being at my mom's without anyone to talk to? We thought it was totally stupid, like I don't even know if I'd rent it. But that was just me. I also missed lots of the movie because Clara wanted to run up and down the hall smiling at everyone and making them laugh at her. Afterwards I had fun swimming and visiting with my mom.

Clara gets a little high-strung if she's tired and sugar only makes it worse. After too little sleep and too much sugar, she was out of control last night as we were leaving a wedding reception. I love her pursed lips in this picture and if you look closely, you'll see scratches all over Jason's forehead and neck, where Clara was "tickling" a little too roughly.Obviously this face doesn't get old to me... or Clara. I took this picture of our little family and said, "Smile!" I laugh every time I look at it.Four little kids were in dreamland as they got to do dishes at Grandma's tonight.We saw a beautiful Arizona sunset tonight. I tried to get a picture of it out the car window as we drove, I just stuck my camera out the window.
Then I took some more pictures from my porch.

From 1 Nephi 1:20 "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance". Clearly beautiful sunsets are tender mercies of the Lord.

9 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I miss those sunsets!

Cook Zoo said...

I love those pictures! Her face is too cute. I love our sunsets too. That was something I really missed when we lived in Illinois.

P.S. I got your note about Scouts, LOL! :)

DeWitts said...

What a pretty sunset!

Kate said...

Lol! Anna, the funny thing is that I have seen you make that EXACT same face several times (the same one with clara squinting her eyes). Clara is all you.

Kami Milliron said...

While we were up at the Cabin a few weeks ago, we took the time to sit and watch the sunset. It's amazing to see all the different colors and it's amazing to think that we have something so beautiful to watch every morning and every night.

Are you getting SUPER psyched for Bunco ??!! I don't know if you checked the Bunco Blog yet, but Jel posted directions to her house.

Autumn said...

I'm just laughing at the picture of all those little kids washing dishes. You see this fun little event and then, what else do you see in the picture off to the left?....A bunch of sharp knives!

Hahaha. Just had to laugh!

Deb said...

Oh I wish I would have known you were husbandless on Saturday. I would have made you come visit with me for a couple of hours. Ian was gone doing school work, so we were home alone all day Saturday too. Nothing is worse than a Saturday with out the husband around. It no longer feels like a weekend. It ends up feeling just like any other day. That's when I wish we lived closer to home, so I could go hang out with family on those days.

Sorry I didn't mean to just leave a sob story comment.

mommy said...

I don't get it; Adalyn makes the same face when I try to get her to smile for a picture.

Julie said...

thanks for the heads up on Wall-e. We were maybe going to see it this weekend. I love the scripture you put with the sunsets. Elder Bednars talk about that is awesome!