And I'll give an otter pop (I know, we live large in this house) to the first person that can correctly tell me what made this dent in my wall.
I keep forgetting to write down some of the funny things Clara does. So here I go with that...
[] Every week at Scouts we say the promise while doing the sign (making a peace sign with your arm straight up in the air). Clara, tries to copy us but only does it with her pointer finger.
[] Lately she's been fascinated with turning her lamp off and on. I taught her not to pull it off (which was funny too, I talked to her about it and then when she'd pull it and it'd move, she'd push it back towards the wall before playing with the switch) so I don't mind her playing with it. Tonight she was doing it but in preparation for her flipping the switch off, she'd close her eyes first. She thought she was funny too because she'd laugh at herself.
[] I was trying to get Clara to mind me and I try to be patient and I try to let her make the decision. I know she's still learning so I give her a few chances to mind. Today she wasn't minding, so I said, I'm going to count to three and you need to do this otherwise blah blah blah. She ignored me, so I started counting with my fingers, and when I held up one finger, she looked at me and held up her finger too.
[] Clara is getting more and more clever. And she uses her way of telling me she has to go to the bathroom to get away with it a lot. It's so frustrating because I don't want to get mad at her when she says she has to go and doesn't because I'm afraid it will discourage her from going on the toilet. Tonight she said she had to go, so I took her and she just sat there looking down. She refused to look at me, knowing I'd ask her if she was done or if she had to go and she'd have to get down and go to bed since she didn't. Also, when we were at Red Robin Friday night, I took her and she didn't go, but stared at the TV they have in there (you could see it perfectly from the stall we were in). About five minutes later, she said she had to go again, so I went and the second I sat her on the toilet her eyes became affixated on the TV and she never went.
[] She loves to give Eskimo kisses, especially when she's hyper. She's a bit viloent when she does it, so you have to be careful.
[] She loves to play the piano. She likes to sit by herself for a bit, but then she wants me to sit by her. She doesn't want to sit in between my legs and she gets so mad if I try to play or if I won't sit next to her.
[] She loves to run away from us when she is naked. It is SO cute to see her skinny little buns and legs bounding away.
[] She'll do things, then stare at me waiting for me to laugh. It's like she knows if she can get me to laugh at her, she won't be in as much trouble.

10 comments:
My guess for the dent is.... either the new freezer, or some body part belonging to a scout!
Do I win??? I like purple otter pops, btw.
Congrats to Jason on his test. that's awesome! I would like to guess that your wall has visibly suffered trauma from either a. clara banging something into it or b. moving the humongous monitor out of the house. :) am i right???? did i win???? if i did, which I'm SO sure I did ;), feel free to eat my otter pop for me, cuz i'd rather share it with you (since you already purchased it:)) than receive a soppy package in my mailbox. ha ha. :)
I would guess what made that dent in your wall, but we already have Otter Pops : ) We should get together and have a fancy party, because we both live large and are so fancy with our awesome Otter Pops !
Congrats on Jason doing so great on his test, that must be such a relief ! I am a horrible test taker, I always have been. I could stud for hours and hours and I would know the material like the back of my hand. But I would still always get an okay grade. I couldn't ace it, no matter how hard I tried. Some people do well with tests and some don't.
Clara does a lot of things Douglas does. He loves to turn the lamp in our room on and off. It gets frustrating when you're trying to do something, but he thinks it's the coolest thing in the world. And he gives us the " you know you love me " look when he's done something really bad. Oh good thing the Lord makes our Children cute !
The potty thing is normal. It's annoying ( Douglas did it too ) but she's actually developing great habits. She's going on the potty ( even if she isn't actually going potty ) but she understands what it's there for. I know it gets frustrating, but let her do what she's going to do and she will probably surprise you and actually start using it !
That dent is quite funny. I have the same one but all the paint and stuff chipped off and I would also give someone a box of otter pops if they could tell me where it came from.
I didn't know your husband was in school. Ian has two semesters left and then we are finally done. Hallelujah!
As for the dent....I have one of those on every corner in my house. I don't know where they came from, but I blame the kids.
Congrats on your test Jason! You rock!
I love the story about Clara's violent eskimo kisses! LOL
Yay for Jason! Tell him good job from us.
You are such a good mom! You always treat Clara like a little person instead of a toddler. You'll be glad when all your hard work pays off; she is going to be an easy kid! I wish I was good at discipline, Adalyn just thinks it's funny.
It's me again!
I just have to say that it is so good to hear that my child said something that indicated that she is learning something because I seriously wonder if her ears are on crooked sometimes! (She's very good at tuning me out!) :)
Congrats Jason. Smartypants. Let's celebrate. Party?
ha ha I LOVE Clara! She cracks me up! I love the way you tell stories about her. I can totally picture it and it makes me laugh. I can see she is just testing every boundary that she can and it sounds like your being a great patient mother and helping her learn. I definitely admire that! She has such a great little personality!
And congrats to Jason! That is so exciting!! He deserves an otter pop! :)
Post a Comment