: Teaching her to fold her arms for the prayer was easy. She's been doing it without help for several months. Teaching her how to bow her head is a different story. She doesn't get how to bend her neck, so I would gently push her head forward. Now, she puts her hand on her head and makes a noise until I put my hand there to help keep her head bowed. For the entire prayer.
: Clara's favorite word is hot or her version: 'ot' (VERY annunciated). Everything that is potentially hot has her saying this over and over (the oven, candles, steam, the microwave, the carseat, etc.).
: Clara asked to go potty, and went, three times in the first hour or so of Church. Obviously someone has figured out how to get out of church.
: When she sees her diapers, the trash, the toilet or anything else gross, she makes the "hkkk" sound that sounds like clearing your throat. If she's poopy when I go to get her from her bed in the morning, that's the first thing she does when I walk in her room and she grabs her diaper.
: If I find Clara doing something she shouldn't, I tell her why she can't do it and I tell her she can't do it again otherwise she'll sit on my lap (time out). I ask her if she understands and she nods yes. Today my boss asked if she really understands. I said no, but she knows she can't leave until she says yes. So she does and often returns to her area of mischieviousness.
: Balls, balloons, the moon in Goodnight, Moon and pretty much anything round is a "balble" or something like that.
: Clara loves songs, but mostly just how foolish I act. However, she will do a "spider" for Itsy Bitsy Spider (don't tell me it's the eensey weensey spider, mine's itsty bitsy :)) and the sun and the rain. Unless I try to get her to show someone.
: Jason told me in Nursery on Sunday during singing time, they started seeing "I Love to See the Temple" and Clara kind of started whimpering, went to Jason and laid her head on his shoulder. She thought it meant she had to take a nap. Ha ha.
: Clara loves to eat ice. At lunch she noticed I had ice in my drink and while I was trying to get the food out of my teeth with my tongue (I know, gross), she thought I was chewing ice. So she kept asking for some.
And maybe someday I'll be as cool as Beka and write down the things so I remember more. I definitely know Clara makes me laugh so much during the day. But until then, here's some random pictures of my sweet baby.

8 comments:
Awww. I miss her.
How sweet. This is such a good idea. (And yeah, it's TOTALLY itsy bitsy!)
cute pics! and ANNA, i dont you will ever be as cool as me....but nice try! :) love ya
Clara is a doll! Thanks for the info on costco, i was going down anyways for family stuff.
To cute. I love the part about the diapers. If I could just get Phoenix to fill the same way. But some how he is just content on sitting on a poopy diaper and then telling me multiple times that he needs me to change him.
Clara, we miss you! Adalyn kept calling her cousin Pallas "Clara" last weekend when we visited Kimberly in Heber.
I also agree with the itsy bitsy, whoever says it differently is wrong.
Cute stuff. Just wait until Clara starts actually saying the prayer. I can't tell you how often we have to tell Smith to stop praying about video games.
Sorry that last post was from Deborah. Sometimes I sign in as Ian so I can edit our blog. He has it so that only he can edit our blog for some weird reason.
Post a Comment