I love thinking I had such a busy week and then as I think back to what I did, nothing really comes to mind. I did work, clean, lots of shopping and lots of cooking. We had the missionaries over on Tuesday night along with our neighbor (his wife abandoned him, ha ha, JK). I was completely prepared to have dinner done on time AND the kitchen clean. You see, no matter when I start preparing, the last hour or so seems like a huge whirlwind and I make the biggest mess as I struggle to get dinner done on time. That night was no different and starting with the prep around lunch time still wasn't enough. Dinner was 15 minutes late and my kitchen was a disaster. Someday.
Wednesday I went shopping with Angela, which was pretty uneventful other than Clara being far too tired for her own good and letting us all know it. Oh, and the Victoria Secret employee who insisted I didn't know my bra size. Apparently I'm much more endowed and skinnier than I thought. Uh huh.
Clara also got her fingernails painted for the first time. I was visiting one of my neighbors and Clara kept trying to open her nail polish so she finally opened it and painted Clara's nails. She painted the first one and Clara went to go lick it. Yum.
Friday I went to Costco because Genny told me they marked their clothes down since they're moving. I found some pretty amazing deals on random food they'd marked down too. I bought some for my mom, Kathryn and Angela, so don't worry, it's not all for me. I felt like such a hoarder. But seriously, I got all this (97 cent items: 19 bags of dried cherries, 10 bags of dried apples, 3 bags of croutons, four bottles of sesame dressing, 4 #10 cans of baked beans, 1 #10 can of tropical fruit salad; $2.97 items: 2 boxes of fruit snacks, 1 box of cracker jax, $3.97 - 8 bags of chocolate (if I have to live on my food storage, that means life will most likely be stressful and I'll need some happiness), sour cream (not on sale, but I needed it) six shirts for jason, seven shirts for me, two pairs of cropped exercise pants, two little boy outfits, two pants for jason and one short for Jason for just over $220. 
It was awesome! I've found a lot of good deals in my life, but this one could top the list, especially considering inflation.That night my mom watched Clara while Jason and I went to the Diamondback's game. I'm not sure what's going to happen when we actually have to pay for our dates AND a babysitter because we already hardly ever go out. Jason got tickets from work so other than parking and food, we were taken care of.
Trent and Lindsay had the other two tickets, so it was fun sitting by people we knew.
The game was okay until the seventh inning when the Nationals hit a 3-run homer and pretty much ended the game. Thank goodness Mr. Peanut Gallery was sitting behind me to keep me entertained. He had something rude, loud and obnoxious to say about EVERYTHING. Every bad play, every bad call anyone he didn't approve of sitting around him. It was kind of funny, but I felt awfully sorry for his wife. He was probably in his sixties and he was making fun of a man that he referred to as "old and decrepid" who didn't seem much older than him. Then, he laughed when I took this picture
(I love people watching) and another guy with similar holes in his ears walked past. He said wonderful things like, "He's lucky I don't have magnets on me" and "It sure is hard to sneak up on people with those because they keep clanking". Afterwards we stayed for the fireworks and I got to use my "Fireworks" setting on my camera. It just leaves the shutter open for a long time so the grand finale turned out pretty good.
(I love people watching) and another guy with similar holes in his ears walked past. He said wonderful things like, "He's lucky I don't have magnets on me" and "It sure is hard to sneak up on people with those because they keep clanking". Afterwards we stayed for the fireworks and I got to use my "Fireworks" setting on my camera. It just leaves the shutter open for a long time so the grand finale turned out pretty good.Saturday I went back to Costco with Kathryn since I was told by two employees they would be randomly marking things down until they moved. Not so. No new markdowns so I bought some more chocolate as a consolation prize for facing the Saturday crowd.

9 comments:
I want cheap food!!! K, I'm totally going to Costco in the morning. Hope I don't see half the ward there. Better yet, hope I don't see half the world there.
That Costco trips rocks! I already love Costco. . . but Costco on sale! That's even better.
Save some cherries for me!
Nice buy at Costco. I love bargain shopping!
Thanks for the tip on costco, i'm going to have to make a trip to mesa!
Oh man! That is my kind of bargain! I am so mad! I went to Costco on Saturday but we were on the other end of town so we went to the one on Country Club. Dang it! I had to go again today for a perscription and there were NO bargains.. okay one... a bag of dried berries for $1.97 but that was all in the whole store! so you totally lucked out! :)
thanks again for thinking of me at costco, awesome deals and i love the clothes you got for my boys! and i LOVE that you can paint clara's fingernails...i've always wanted to do that...but danny would kill me! nice job on the firework pics, and i cant wait to see your new camera! Also thanks for meeting me tonite for ice cream, although it was WAY TOO SHORT, i still had fun! we need to do it again real soon!
ps- i logged in again just for you:)
Oh my gosh, is this still going on???? What steals! I love getting good deals like that! Congrats on the great finds! :)
Dang, I wish we could've been there for the cheap food/clothes!
Post a Comment