Thursday, May 22, 2008

Intuition

I've always told people that I have good intuition.

A while ago I was given an upright freezer that we keep in our garage. It is loud and sounds like it might blow up. But it was free and holds lots and lots of food. When I got home from getting stuff for Scouts, I noticed the motor sounded just a bit different and I immediately knew why. I opened the door and sure enough, it was not putting off cold air. I quickly removed a few items from my indoor fridge (that should've been thrown away anyway) and transferred all my meat, which was still frozen. I proceded to shove and arrange until almost everything was jammed into my little freezer inside. I was pretty surprised at how much I was able to get in. I had a few very big items left and so I went to Genny's and gave her my sob story. Plan B would've been to take it to Angela's. Genny's freezer looked full, but she took everything out, rearranged and was able to fit two huge things of lasagna, a big box of chicken nuggets and two tubs of cool whip (don't worry, I saved my cool whip and popsicles for last, realizing they were the cheapest and the lowest on my necessity list) which accounted for the remaining items that needed a freezing home. How's that for a good neighbor and friend? She pretty much saved the day in my opinion.

It's interesting to think that since before I looked, I knew what I'd find, so I didn't panic when I found what I expected. I was able to think with a clear mind about how I would approach the situation in order to save my food. But surely that's all part of the design. You see, I decided long ago that intuition is the promptings of the Spirit. So these bouts of "good intuition" are not only the Spirit giving us impressions, but I think they also help us mentally prepare for the situation. Now you may think this is just a trivial thing, but believe me, we wouldn't have been able to replace all the food we almost lost so it was a blessing that the only casualty was a Skinny Cow. And it was chocolate, which I'm not a big fan of anyway.
On a completely different note, we got our new camera today. Gone are the days of counting to 10... 15... before my camera will actually take the picture. I'm excited (not that I've had time to play with it much today, it's been a crazy one). I did play with the zoom, which is cool. I was sitting on my couch and took this picture of my piano music. Pretty neat, eh?But too bad my freezer didn't go out two weeks ago so we could buy a freezer instead of a camera!! Or maybe I should say good thing... :)

5 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Oh that poor Skinny Cow! I hope he didn't suffer...

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I am so glad you were able to salvage so much! I've pretty much concluded that I need to follow-up on every "hunch" and obey my intuition. I still ignore it sometimes and have to face the consequences, but I'm getting better.

Thanks for helping me out yesterday. I know I probably added to your crazy day, so sorry about that. I'm quite glad that yesterday is over. I'm looking forward to a few days of "not so crazy."

JLynn said...

it's sad the skinny cow had to be sacrificed. :)

"So these bouts of "good intuition" are not only the Spirit giving us impressions, but I think they also help us mentally prepare for the situation." - I agree 150%. :) The Holy Ghost knows all things and can lead us to know of future events. I've had many experiences too. yep, it's true- that's why we're told to always strive to be living right, so we can hear that small, soft voice that whispers so softly. and if we are listening so closely, those impressions/promptings can be audibly louder than the surroundings we are in at the time. just sharing a little tidbit of what i've learned. :) oh and sorry your freezer died. -1 more thing... yesterday I got something really cute for Miss Clara. :)

Kami Milliron said...

I agree, intuition is incredibly important. I think mine has gotten so much stronger since I became a Mother. I remember about a year ago ( maybe less ) I thought that I needed to check on Douglas in his room ( he hadn't been feeling good and was taking a nap ) and when I opened the door, he woke up and came and gave me a hug. Then he had what I later found out was a small seizure. We took him to Urgent Care and after several days of various tests and lots of Doctors visits we found out he had Mono. I know it's nothing life threatening, but his liver was really swollen as well and that was scary. So I know had I not been prompted to check on him, I might not have caught him having his seizure and things could have been so much worse.

Deb said...

A couple of years ago our freezer broke down and I had so much food that was ruined. I spent months preparing freezer meals that were stored in there and they were all ruined. I was mad about the hundreds of dollars lost, but even more mad about all the time I had spent preparing those meals. Oh well. That's life.

After that happened we bought a freezer alarm online that alerts you when your freezer stops working.