Monday, April 7, 2008

Throbbing

(This text was written last night... pictures added today under no headache conditions). That would be what my head is doing at the moment. However, I've just finished another round of taxes that I've been dreading due to my OCD issues and what better way to celebrate than to waste some time blogging? I have so many things to write about, so we'll see how far I get. I still have a bit of work I must do tonight, but my head needs a break.

On Friday I woke up, knowing it was past Clara's normal 7:30-8:00 wake up time. Sure enough, it was 9:40am. I felt guilty wondering if Clara had woken up and fussed and then just went back to bed and I never woke up because I was so spent. Either way, I'd saved lots of housework for Friday morning and Jen's plane came in at 8:00am. So when I saw what time it was, I panicked. Luckily, I got most of the house cleaned before I went and met them for lunch. We continued tradition and ate at Rosa's per Jen's request. Silly me didn't get any pictures though. I wasn't too worried. If I took lots of pictures the first time I saw her, what would I do the remaining weekend?

After lunch we went back to my house and Beka and her boys came over. Then, I went grocery shopping, made dinner and went to Costco. We visited a little, but Jen and Curt had a very early flight so they retired to bed early.

Saturday began with aebleskivers, possibly one of my favorite things to make and eat, as our conference breakfast. Karen came over and we all attempted to watch conference. I didn't get to hear much of it because I was either chasing Clara or talking. Thank goodness I can listen to, watch or read the talks as frequently as I please. In between sessions, Karen and I went to "the house". Don't worry, I'm not obsessed. It's only the fifth time I've driven to it this week. I'm attached and I can't wait to live in it. Oh the power of positive thinking. :) We were having more friends over for dinner and I had too much to do in too little time. I was so grateful Karen cleaned for me and Jen did the fruit salad. It's amazing how much stress that relieved!

I almost didn't have anyone over because I tend to go a little overboard, which always results in me feeling completely frazzled and with a headache that keeps me from enjoying the time with friends. But this time I asked for help and it turned out great. The guys ate and went to Priesthood while the girls played the mom role. (Ashley left before we took this picture...)
We took the kids to the park and I got a little carried away with the pictures. I'm still debating on whether to post a picture we took of the girls on the slide. And we tried to get all the kids on the steps after genius Amy suggested it, but that was laughable. We never had more than three of the five kids together. This picture, however, is pretty cute of the twins and Clara crawling up the steps.Then, when the guys got back from their meeting, they walked over in their white shirts and ties and it looked like a music video from a boy band. I laughed. But I laughed harder when we convinced them to take the lamest picture ever. Another picture I'm debating posting on here. I don't know how many people I can handle hating me, so we'll see. Sometimes I'm amazed at how influential wives really are. :)

We played games for a bit and I had to take this picture when I was off to the side and noticed my house was absolute chaos. You see, I don't have a huge house and when there are toys and people everywhere, it feels even smaller. Oh, but it was fun. Kids started going to bed and guests slowly began leaving. Ashley, Jen, Curt and I were the last ones standing and had a good time visiting. I guess I should speak for myself, I had a good time visiting. Ashley left, Jason decided he could be social (well after midnight) and we ended up staying up much too late talking. But again, it was fun!

Sunday morning session was much the same as Saturday: I pretty much didn't get to listen to much. In between sessions, we had our traditional snow cone visit. Nylene and her husband bring people in the ward snow cones. It's awesome. Clara almost glaring with her blue mouth and Cache giving me a silly smile with his.After lunch, Clara and Cache went down for naps and I actually got to listen to conference. I LOVED the second session of conference. I couldn't tell if it was because it was so much better than the others or if it was just because it was the only one I got to really listen to. :)

Jen and family left after the second session. We enjoyed having them visit. I love having company! I think I love it most because it's, well, company. And we all know I love to talk. Secondly, I think I love it because I get to cook for people.

To come: Clara's new trick, conference report, mullet?, Clara's sleep habits, the Zoo

1 comment:

Ashley Harris said...

Thank you so much for including us in your day! The kids and I had so much fun playing with the girls and the kids and Matt and I loved hanging out with adults!! Your dinner was AWESOME, your daughter is just a doll and I just loved getting to know you better.