Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let Down

I know you're all waiting. I regret to inform you that I may have made a big deal out of something that is not so much a big deal. Even worse, I still can't divulge at this time. And Jason thinks I'm indecisive... Soon enough my little dears.

Meanwhile, life's been good in our happy little home. Monday morning I went to my mom's to babysit Jack while my mom went to work. Then my mom babysat Clara while I went to my meeting. My mom tried to tell me she needed to trade babysitting with me and offered to watch Clara for five hours while I worked. Silly mom. First, aren't I allowed to do something for nothing in return? After all, that's what she spends most of her time doing. And second, Jack is not her child, so technically, we didn't trade. :)

I got the easy shift as Clara went down for her nap around 1030 am at which time Jack decided it was time to make some noise. I tried to divert his energy for a bit and then about 1045 am gave up and tried to put in his movie while he played. 45 minutes later he was passed out on the couch and slept there until I left for my meeting at 200 pm. After my meeting, Clara and I hung around my mom's until I realized being away from home all day doesn't justify neglecting my homemaking responsibilities. Last night I worked late and felt productive which made staying up late worth it.

I love my parent's green grass (and of course when Goose is in it).
My mom gave Clara a carrot from her garden and she loved it.
Clara, the carrot and the Anna Apple tree. It has pretty blossoms but you can't really tell with the lovely brick fence in the background.
Lily loves playing with the kids and Jack loves Lily.
Today I went walking with Marie and loved feeling like any second I'd be blown over. Strollers act much like a sail. I had a conference call for work at 1030 am, so I put Clara down for her nap and was still on the phone 1.5 hours later when she woke up. I went and got her and all she really wanted was the phone and my computer, the only two things I absolutely needed at that very second. Thankfully, my conversation hearts were within reach and for 20 minutes or so, she got little bits of conversation hearts to keep her quiet. Worked like a charm!


A few Clara updates... Last Monday she started walking away from the furniture she has pulled herself up on. Until then, she'd only walk if we stood her up to do so. A few weeks ago two top molars came in. I would be she'll wake up tomorrow with a new bottom tooth because every night a tooth breaks through, she's up every hour for the first three or four hours after she goes to bed and she's woken up three times in the last three hours. She throws more fits, but also minds more sometimes. She is very clever. Like today, I was eating macaroni salad with grapes in it. She only wanted the grapes and would not eat the macaroni. Until all the grapes were gone, then she didn't refuse the macaroni at all. She did this with both helpings I had. Clever little Goose. I realized another reason tonight I'm so reluctant to want a new baby anytime soon: because when the next one comes, Goose won't be my baby and that means she has to grow up. Oh this thing called life.

1 comment:

JLynn said...

i was hoping your news was that your utah house was selling. :) i have to comment that I don't want another baby because of diapers. I don't want to change two babies in diapers. I get grossed out with cache's, i always have to look away for fresh air!!lol, ha ha! i decided i'm going to buy cache a little potty so he can learn to sit on it and hopefully use it sooner than later! :)