I didn't know during the Primaries you could only vote for the candidates of the party you're registered as. I told Nylene and Chris (they were at the polls at the same time) I was disapointed that I couldn't vote for Hillary. Seriously, I have a love/hate relationship with politics. I love to try to get more informed on political things but when I do, I realize I hate what goes on. I heard today on the radio that in WV, McCain's supporters were asked to vote for Huckabee so he'd get the WV win and not Romney. The guy on the radio referred to it as being "high schoolish" and I think it is. I'm sure some people think it's strategy, but I don't like it. It's no surprise everyone thinks politics in America are corrupt. They are! The same thing happened in one of the caucuses when Obama and Edwards supporters voted "undecided" so Clinton wouldn't win. I don't even want any of those candidates to win, but I still think it's pathetic that they stoop that low. The sad part is, I feel like people who'd otherwise avoid that are almost forced into doing it because if they didn't, they wouldn't have a chance. I'm also having anxiety thinking what I'd do if it was McCain vs. Clinton. Those are probably my two least favorite candidates out of the four or five "main" ones.
On a happier note, Clara is hilarious (yes, she's still a baby as far as I'm concerned). She's been walking a little more, but never really to me. She'll walk towards the couch, Jason, Angela, but not me. Last night we were trying to get her to practice and every time Jason would aim her in my direction, she'd get so excited and do a stiff free fall towards me. Then, she does her fake laugh when she walks, so proud of her accomplishments (surely just copying Jason and I when we celebrate her small steps). Last night, she didn't even take a full step, fell down and started celebrating thinking she was just darling, letting out all kinds of noises and laughing. Today I was walking around Michael's and she was doing her fake/grunting laugh as loud as she could. She also smiles and waves at people when they look at her in the store. I can't help but laugh when she does these things and I really wonder what people think I teach her at home. She keeps doing things that just make me laugh, like when I put her in her seat and as I backed up to get in the car, she was waving bye to me. We hear a lot of loud airplanes fly above our house and every time we do, she points to the ceiling/sky (we can thank my mom for that one). Jason taught her how to make a "fish" noise with her finger and lip, which she enjoys doing. She did it in Church and Jason said, "Isn't it neat that what I teach her sticks?" I said it was neat, but wondered why he couldn't try something more useful... So whenever she makes the noise, Jason gets a big proud grin on his face.
Clara "barks" (you'd never know that's what she was doing, but it is), she said hi to a lady that said hi to her in Target (the lady even said, oh wow, she said hi, so i'm not making that up), hums really loud when I'm singing and likes to "read" books. She thinks her eyes, nose, mouth and ears are all located where her eyes are. With her growing knowledge, she's also becoming more prone to throwing fits, especially if she's tired (like every week at Church). It's really fun to have everyone in RS turn around and smile at me when she does it. I don't know if they think she's hurt or if they are caught off guard, but they all like to stare for whatever reason. I think I'm going to petition for the Nursery age to be lowered to 15 months. I think it's a great idea.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What is up with all this crap! Seriously childish! What people will stoop too these days is just ridiculous!
I love Clara's fun sounds and actions, you gotta love it! I can remember a phase that Camden went through like that...then he was affraid of the people in the store, now he warms up after a little bit. I'll be interested to see if Clara does the same:)
if you start a petition for the nursery issue, i will sign it:)!!
cache makes all kinds of noises with his mouth too, and we didn't teach any of them to him. :) he blows his spit everywhere when he does it too. i like reading your blog, b/c you don't leave out any of the details! what i'm about to say...i don't say often, so brace yourself,"I MISS ARIZONA!" :) I miss the heat SO BAD! LOL! Curt does too! We are tired of the sick cold weather and ALL THIS SNOW!!! I'm ready for spring or better yet a weekend getaway to Mesa!!! We'll see which comes first! I miss your sweet little Clara. Thanks for always writing about her, so I can keep Cache informed on his little Arizona girlfriend. :) Oh and let me tell you, I dread RS each sunday cause we have sac. at 8:40am yes exactly 8:40am and they hold announcements til after the meeting. So RS Cache is just restless the whole hour!!! It so hard having church during nap time!
All the political stuff drives me crazy too! I used to listen to talk radio but it made me very mad, all the time, so I had to cut down! I'm glad you added me to your link list, you're on mine now too - your daughter is the sweetest thing, it makes me wish for the baby days!
I have a love hate relationship with politics as well. I am so confused about who to vote for. I honestly HATE McCain. I just think he is dirty and evil with the rest of those crazies. But I don't want Obama or Clinton in either? What's a girl to do with crappy candiates?
Post a Comment