Looking back over the last year I think how different my life is now and I sometimes think how I felt happy, but now looking back, my happiness pales in comparison to what it is now. I guess my wise sister Rachel was right when she told me having kids is like paying tithing, you don't realize the blessings of it in your life until you do it. There have been many times when I have experienced a high from the joy that Clara has been in our home. Special moments where she smiles at me or giggles and I am filled with this euphoric feeling that is literally a natural high. The burning in my chest is nothing less than my heart swelling with love that I have this marvelous opportunity of raising such a precious little spirit.
From day one, well, actually from the first time I felt her move in my tummy, Clara really hasn't stopped moving except when she sleeps. She is quite active and as she gets older, her adorable little personality becomes more and more obvious. Clara has a very strong, independent personality but is also very loving and sensitive. She certainly enjoys attention and to entertain anyone and everyone. She is a very happy baby and is rarely grumpy unless she is hungry, tired or sick. She loves to scrunch her nose when she smiles.
I often worry about whether or not I will be able to teach her everything she needs to know and if I can somehow help her gain a strong enough testimony so that she will stay on the straight and narrow. I often think to myself that if kids knew how much their parents loved them, they would never do anything wrong. Unfortunately, you can't understand that love until you;re a parent. I can't help but think that our Heavenly Father must have similar thoughts... "If only they knew how much I love them!" That must be why love is so influential and can be so effective in inspiring others to do good. Hopefully Clara always knows how much Jason and I love her and want her to be happy. We want the best for her and the way we raise her will be based on that.
Clara loves to "talk", play with mom and dad, explore new things, play with her toys, tickle me and then laugh about it, be a goofball, go outside and chew on things. Everyday is happier because of Clara and I am so glad I've had her sweet little spirit to keep me sane this last year. I love this little girl more than words can tell and it seems sometimes more than my little heart can handle.

No comments:
Post a Comment