Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lazy Days

I can't remember the last time I stayed home from church because I was sick, let alone went without showering for a few days and managed to stay in the same pj's for two days straight. Until yesterday, that is. Every night for the last four or so I went to bed thinking, tomorrow it will be better. Unfortunately, my simple hopes were never a reality. Sunday Jason and I slept when Clara slept (well, I did once and Jason did both her naps plus some) and just laid on the floor when she was playing. I also read pretty much all day. Rachel brought me Twilight to finish. I had started when I was in Utah three months ago and hadn't made the effort to get a copy to finish. When I left the story in Utah at chapter five, I was intrigued and was interested a little bit. Once I got a few more chapters in, I couldn't put the book down. Now that I have finished the book, I haven't stopped waiting to read the next. I'm about to go crazy not knowing what happens and decided I quite enjoy fantasy, maybe even childish, love stories. I've also decided I want Jason to be a vampire and haven't stopped begging him to be such. I told him he should read the book so he can know how I want him to act. Maybe I can just relate to the way Bella feels about Edward. Oh, new young love, so sweet.

The good news is I think the worst of my illness has passed because I feel better today. I have lots of work to do again, but our weekly meeting got canceled yesterday, so that was a relief. I had decided I'd go eventhough I didn't feel like it and definetely didn't want to.

Other than being sick, I LOVE this time of year. I love the cold weather, I love hot chocolate and I love the holidays. Everything is just more cheerful: the stores, the music, the people. A few weeks ago I told Jason I was so excited for Christmas and his mature response was, "Why? We don't have any money." Obviously growing up he missed the point of Christmas. The best things about Christmas will be here regardless of our situation. The trees, the lights, the music, the get togethers, the movies, the decorations, the traditions and most important, a celebration of our Savior's birth. I just love the feeling in the air. Yeah for this time of year! Now you see it...
Now you don't! Yum.Clara update for my own personal records: On Thanksgiving Clara would only crawl the real way in the grass at my mom's. Now, sometimes she will, but more often than not, she's back to slithering. Also, her top tooth to the left of her left middle is totally in. I noticed I think on Friday or Saturday that it had barely broke the skin and now it looks almost as big as her giant front teeth. The other side broke through just a few days ago too and is coming in rather quickly. Six teeth, 11 months and cute as can be. I just can't get enough of my baby. Sad, sick and oh so sweet.
For whatever reason, Clara LOVES Jason's hat. When he gets home, he'll take it off and give it to her and she gets so excited. I tried to fix her red eyes in this picture and it made her right eye look psycho, but I'm too lazy to move the picture to my computer and use the program I have. :)

I don't normally put shoes on Clara, but since it's cold, I've decided I better stop. My friend bought these cute little shoes for Clara months before she was born and they finally fit. Clara just couldn't figure out what was on her feet and was devising a plan on how to get them off.

8 comments:

maren said...

oh my gosh, brynlee does the same thing too! she hates shoes with a passion and screams and screams until i take them off or she figures out how to kick them off!

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry to hear that the sickies are at your house! That's no fun! And as far as the shoes, have you seen/heard of Robeez? They are these great leather shoes that are really good for babies learning to walk. They are also great for keeping those socks on! ;) You can find cheap knock-offs on Ebay.

And to respond to your reply on my blog- my BIL is Taylor Yost. His parents live here in Mesa, but have a cabin in Springerville. I think they'd like to move up there to stay, though. And no, the gloves didn't inhibit my picture taking! I still managed to take over 300 pictures! Haha! I just wore the gloves while riding.

angela hardison said...

Anna, I don't leave to Portland until next week... Clara looks really cute in the shoes. I ate hot cocoa lastnight too.

We can discuss your accounting questions whenever you have time. You could meet us for lunch sometime this week if you want? It'll be on SeeSaw :)

JLynn said...

Clara is cute. :) Cache loves Curt's hat too. Cache likes to take it off Curt's head and laugh and laugh. :) We've got some video of that too. I'm always so grateful babies enjoy the simple things and it doesn't take much to keep them happy or make them laugh.
Did you get a new couch?? :)

Emily Widdison said...

I'm going to post this message on everyone's blog...
We need to have a get together in AZ. I was thinking of making chicken chilli and having everyone over for dinner at my parents place...either the Sunday or Monday before Christmas or sometime after Christmas...everyone can bring a treat to share and I'll provide all the rest. What time is best for everyone? Could someone contact Trevors and Ronni? We are calling it the "Ugly sweater Christmas Party" so find an ugly sweater and wear it! It will be fun!

Brenden+Nikki said...

haha I had to laugh when you said that you want Jason to be a vampire. All the young women in my ward have read that book (including the YW President) and they love them and are totally in love with this Edward guy (including the YW President) and they couldn't put the books down either. I guess I'm going to have to read it to see what the hype is all about.

bethiepoos said...

hi anna
wow clara looks huge now! what happened? I read twilight too, and I had to read the other 2 books immediately! I am in LOVE with edward!!!

Brannon and Leslie said...

Can I just say I read all three books in less than a week. I'm totally obsessed with Edward as well and wish my husband would also turn into a vampire. I'm glad to hear someone has the same obsession with those books. I'm dying for the next one to come out. Glad you're feeling better. Being sick around the holidays is the pits.