Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Zoo!

Okay, so we didn't actually go to the zoo, but today is Amy's birthday so I had some friends over for lunch. My house isn't very large so it was a little crazy considering how many kids we had there plus the adults. The kids were actually very good for the most part until I decided we needed to put them all on the couch for a picture and someone suggested Amy sat in the middle of them. We didn't get a picture (shocked?) but later had the moms sit in and I think we may have gotten one... but I'll have to wait until someone decides to share pictures with me to show. Everyone brought stuff and helped me so much so it was really nice not to be stressed and it all seemed too easy. Then Amy did ALL the dishes. I felt bad since it was her birthday (I love not doing a thing on my birthday) but she insisted. Adults: Kathryn, Shawna, Suzanne, Kiri, Amy, Anna (me), Jessie, Beka, Cherie and Maren. Babies (all but one were within six months or so of a year, plus or minus): Lucy & Elsa (twins), Jett, Jack, Adalyn, Clara, Landon & Braden (twins), Cailyn, Anna (not me) and Brynlee. Yeah, that's why it was a joke trying to take a picture... but don't worry, we all laughed at the joke! :)


Amy turned 25 (young little buck)... so here are 25 things you may or may not know about the birthday girl:

1. she's blunt 2. her matter-of-fact attitude 3. she's thoughtful 4. she's generous (even when she claims to be broke!) 5. her spotanaity (how many vacations has she gone on in the last few months??) 6. she's fun to visit with 7. she is always willing to hang out 8. we have many MANY memories 9. she's my cousin 10. she can take a joke 11. she's very sensitive to other's situations (yes, I speak on very personal experience here) 12. she always offers to help 13. she wishes she lived in ca 14. when we get together she, by far, always brings the BEST snacks 15. she used to tell me we had to live next door to each other so i could raise her kids... hasn't happened but she's doing a fine job all by herself! 16. she lived with us when they moved here from ca 17. she lived in hawaii 18. she is a good mom 19. she was on the swim team in high school 20. she encouraged me to buy a house when i first got married (i was afraid and she convinced me it wasn't as expensive as I thought) 21. second to ca, she wishes she could live in Snowflake (ha!:)) 22. she likes to help other people 23. she wouldn't be able to afford having a girl 24. she is very caring when she wants to be and 25. she's a good cook eventhough she pretends she isn't. Hopefully she had a very happy birthday!

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Anna - we're finally on blogspot. I never even knew this existed until you told Jason to tell Brenden and then Brenden told me. And since then I haven't been doing anything except trying to figure out how this whole thing works. We're finally on there though: bnsaline.blogspot.com. Not as creative as yours yet, but we're getting there! :)

The Smith's said...

Man, that Amy must be amazing! Thanks for planning that lunch. It was yummy!!!!

Maren said...

we need to get together more often! it was so fun and super great food. thanks for throwing it!