A few thoughts that got lost amongst my busy week... In between conference sessions on Sunday, Chris, Nylene & Caleb (Clara's future husband) made their "Happy Conference" sno-cone visits. They have a big sno-cone machine and frequently use it to bless other's lives. Clara LOVED the sno-cone. I fed it to her for a bit and then put some on the tray of her booster. She would try to pick some up and would get so frustrated because it kept melting so she was never able to eat it. A few times she grabbed a fistful instead of trying to pick it up with her thumb and pointer, but clearly more melted on her clothes than in her mouth.

Look at Clara's big girl teeth: finally two on the bottom. About a week ago her top right one came through to accompany her bottom right. Then her bottom left one FINALLY broke through like Wednesday or so (thank goodness she didn't have just the top and bottom on one side for very long)! Her top left one looks like it will be in any day. It is weird that one tooth came in and then a month or so later the other three all sprout within a week or so.
Clara is getting very fiesty. She throws fits every chance she gets and lately she has been very opinionated about her food. If she's in her seat too long and hasn't had a good nap, she is just a turkey. The other night she kept squishing her head into her shoulders and making her face turn bright red. It was hilarious! I think she starts out doing things as she discovers her body and then she realizes we laugh at it so she continues to do it for a reaction.
Tuesday night I went to the gym with Angela. It's been almost two months since I've been and even though I didn't have time, I know I need to exercise, mainly to get more energy and to feel better. It felt great and I wish I could go three times a week... but I haven't been back this week. It's just been a busy week, LOTS of work (payroll & quarter end for KS). Plus, Jason has been getting home so late; he didn't see Clara Mon-Wed and last night I had a horrendous headache and could barely swallow because my throat hurt so bad.
On Wednesday, we "lost" Clara's pacifier. By "lost" I mean I couldn't find it after she threw it out of her crib during one of her naps. I didn't actually look that hard for it because I've been wanting to wean her from it and didn't know how to do it. I gave her the pink one that is super hard and that didn't do it for her. It has been interesting. She doesn't cry at night when I put her to bed, but her naps are totally unpredictable. Sometimes she goes right to sleep, sometimes she screams for a few minutes before falling asleep and sometimes she doesn't sleep at all. Hopefully it gets better, otherwise I may give in and "find" the pacifier under the table in her room... :)
2 comments:
sorry you aren't feeling well, sorry we stole jason for a few hours to help with the fan, sorry you have been too busy to come to the gym with me... i love you!
Anna, Clara is too cute. I saw her picture on Ang's blog. My first thought was how much she looks like Jason. On your blog I see that she looks like both of you. She really is adorable. Ang said you would be willing to come take a night shift. You're so sweet. I might take you up on that. And, you'll probably be sorry that you offered :>
Post a Comment