Friday, October 26, 2007

Foreign Concept

Yesterday I figured today would be better since unless a major catastrophe happened, I'm pretty sure it couldn't be worse than yesterday. Lucky for me, I was right! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't because of anything I did, but rather some of the sweet people in my life. Beka and Kathryn called to make sure I was alive, which I am. Alive and well? Not so much, but I'm alive. Angela brought me and Jason Golden Spoon and they happened to have the best combo every: Boysenberry and Cheesecake. I guess all of the bossing around when we were younger got Angela into a good habit... ;) She also brought me some seeds to plant to add to my happiness.

Then, Jason left work at Noon. Tomorrow he's taking the 'FE' (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam, so he came home to finish up some school work and to study. We also went to get his watch battery changed and get a few things at the store. It's been forever since we've done anything like that together, certainly a foreign concept as of late. Just our short little errand trip made me SO anxious for next May to come. I can't imagine having this luxury much more frequently than once a year! Oh boy, oh boy, it will be fun.

The other things that made me happy today were: 1. Walking down the aisle in Wal Mart and seeing ONE peppermint Chapstick for 88 cents. There are only two Chapstick flavors that work for me (and the only two chapsticks I prefer): Medicated and Peppermint. The peppermint is so cool. A few years ago when I was in Show Low for work, I bought some. It's almost gone and I thought I'd never find any again, but I did, and it was EIGHTY-EIGHT cents! 2. Clara's costume is mostly done (the hard part anyway) and I think it turned out pretty good. I just hope it fits, I might have gotten it a wee bit too small. 3. Clara giggling when she got to ride the horse (aka me). 4. My Shingles starting to scab over: less pain and less risk of it going into my eye. 5. Knowing Emily and her family had a home to go into today when they were let back into Fallbrook. 6. Going to JIB (Jason's parents sent him some birthday money and that's what he spends EVERY $ he gets on: food) so I didn't have to eat spaghetti for a seventh time this week (no exaggerations). 7. Clara taking two super good naps. 8. Jason telling me I have a fun job (being a mom) and wondering how I don't sleep all day long, because that's what he'd do. 9. Watching Jason play with Clara (I loved this for many reasons: it meant Jason was home, it made me so glad I have a husband who loves kids, especially Clara and Clara was happy). and... 10. Eating a carmel apple for breakfast.

3 comments:

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

Now way, you have shingles? I get them also. I would only get them when I was super stressed about a CRAZY client I had. Thank heavens I don't have to worry about that anymore! Oh, the joys of being a stay at home mom. Sorry you guys have been sick. When everyone is well, we will have to get together. Maybe we will have to do a date night with Clint, Ang, Ryan, and Kathryn. I guess that would be more like a family night out with us tagging along...

JLynn said...

anna, sorry to hear you've been so sick. but glad to read your wonderful lists of all the fulfilling elements in your life. :)(i LOVE reading your lists) I'm not quite sure what shingles are or look like, and the magnitude of their pain, but i hope they get better soon. it sure is a blessing to have a happy baby...and I'm glad you have the sweetest baby girl ever. obviously, since you're her mother, no one is more deserving than you. :) AND i can not forget to mention that every picture you share of clara, she just looks cuter and cuter. i LOVE the pic below...she's gonna steal some hearts some day! GET WELL SOON! LUV YA!

Unknown said...

Hey Anna! Just wondering if you know anyone from Egypt? I have a sitemeter on my blog becuase I didn't want to have to go private but that last couple of days someone from Egypt keeps viewing and it all it tells me is the referring URL and it is your blog address. So.. hopefully you know who is checking out our blogs, but if not I just thought I would let you know! WIERD! Anyways- I didn't want to make mine private but I am going to for now. So will you please send me your e-mail so that I can put you on.
Thanks!
Britt
aaronbrittbond@gmail.com