Sunday, October 14, 2007

Consumed by Work

Next Friday is our "Fantastic Friday" which is basically "Super Saturday" on Friday. Anyway, the thing I signed up for is very time consuming so the person over it asked me and a bunch of other people to make our pictures early so we could learn and help others with theirs. Mine was going pretty good until I made a purple swipe in the sky and apparently my picture was too dry so it left a very defined lavendar brush stroke. The blue stayed put, but as we worked more and more water into it, the red came out (if someone that understands chemistry can explain this to me, I would definitely appreciate it...). After I put all the finishing touches on it, I do think it turned out pretty good. I think I should sell these to earn some extra money.

I had to come home and feed Clara in the middle of making mine because it took much longer than planned and sure enough, had a voicemail from work I had to respond to. Monday is my client's absolute deadline for his taxes so the tax partner needed my help. Luckily, it was quick. After I finished my picture, I ran a few errands, went home and Clara took a nap. I had great plans to clean my house in the afternoon, but right after Clara woke up, I got another call from the tax peeps... this time, it took me a few hours to get what they needed and Little Miss Clara had a grand time in our room. I realized something needs to change when I didn't mind that she was eating hole punch papers and wrapping paper and I heard her dump out the box of envelopes. I was just glad she was content... some mom I am! I am just excited for when I don't have to work this much. I love to work and I woulld go crazy if I didn't have something to do, but some weeks (like this week, when I have payroll for KS and lots to do for MBP) I feel like I am working full time and that's not what I prefer to do. Oh well, I guess that's life.After I got work taken care of, I made dinner. My lesson learned from dinner: it isn't costly to have a colorful and healthy meal and you don't need meat to be happy (Jason didn't even complain about our vegetarian meal). Corn on the cob: 25 cents, green beans: about 40 cents each and sweet potatoes: cheap... I threw away the receipt. Anyway, for anyone that needs inexpensive meal ideas, there you go. Oh, and it was quick and easy too.After dinner we went to Babies R Us to get diapers (they were having a big sale) and I ran into an old friend from work and his wife. I was telling him how I thought once I quit CBIZ I wouldn't get work calls on Saturday anymore but I keep getting them because they are doing my client's taxes. And just as I said that... I got a call and it was them again at like 7:30pm. HA! I just laughed at the coincidence. I know they are trying to get the taxes done so I don't really mind them bothering me. Plus, they aren't annoying and are justified in their demands.

After that we went to Angela and Clint's so Jason could help them put up their fan. If only they still lived next door, but with the freeway, it takes less than 10 minutes to get to her house, so I probably shouldn't complain. Once we got home, I got to work all night... lucky me!

7 comments:

angela hardison said...

THANKS Jason, Anna, & Clara for helping us install the fan... it hasn't fallen off yet!

Your colorful vegetarian meal looks right up my alley; meat is gross anyway :)

JLynn said...

anna, anna, I would gladly pay you for one of those fine pictures. :) I remember telling you in August, when I saw them displayed in your ward for Super Saturday that I would love to make one. If you can make me one, let me know and at what cost. Thank you. :) Meal looks yummy!!! but, Curt doesn't eat sweet potatoes! Cache and I LOVE sweet potatoes! mmmm,MMM!

Unknown said...

That picture is so pretty! I love it! How did you do it? I saw some at the book store like that for $250! yikes! I bet you could easily sale them. Clara gets cuter every day!

Miller Family said...

Good job on the temple pic! It looks great!

Maren said...

yum! that dinner looks good. i got your email about thursday and i cant come. i babysit my nephews every thursday. have fun!

Beka said...

anna- that IS the same pic my mom made, and she got so frustrated at the end...it was pretty funny, but yours looks totally awesome! It really want one too...along with that black mirror:)

The Blakes said...

Dinner looks yummy! The price is right too! I hope your week calms down so you can get some r & r.