Friday, October 19, 2007

Bubble Wrap & Beavers

During finals week one semester at ASU they were handing out pieces of bubble wrap for students to use to de-stress. I got some and am going to pop every last one of those little bubbles. It works, I swear... I have been feeling great all day! And now onto to something highly disturbing... I've discovered we have a beaver living in our home. When I got Clara out of bed from her nap, I noticed a bunch of scratches on the top of the ledge. As I was looking at them and thinking how bothered I was that our beautiful crib is slowly getting destroyed, I noticed even worse scratches inside the crib. I don't know how I didn't notice this sooner unless it just happened yesterday (when she (the beaver is a girl, I'm sure of it) woke up from her first nap yesterday, she didn't cry, but babbled to herself for a good 20 minutes... so I'm wondering if there was a reason she wasn't crying...). I called Jason hoping he'd understand why I was so distraught and share in my sorrow. All he had to say after he got done laughing was, "Next thing you know, we're going to go in there and there will be a dam."

6 comments:

JLynn said...

that's was a really funny post... I got a good laugh!!! I'm still LOL, thanks!!! :)

Unknown said...

Man- that is one busy little beaver! Why does teething have to be such a long process!?!

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha I just went to a baby shower yesterday and they said "don't you love the teeth marks in the crib" and I had no idea what they were talking about....ha ha now I do.

Lindsay said...

IF bubble warp works well to get rid of stress here is a website to help you unwind.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

From Matt

Lindsay said...

Thank goodness we've had guards on the rails of our cribs to prevent any "beavers" from doing damage!!

The*Evans*Family said...

I just about had a heart attack when Carson bit into his crib. Now he looks at wear his beautiful crib has a chunk of wood missing and says, "Oh no, bad. No. No. No." Luckily he hasn't done it again. How about the time Matt put Carson to sleep with his keys though! I woke up to Carson banging those around and about died.