Wednesday, October 24, 2007

All Sorts of Stuff

Today I was so excited for Scouts. For the activity, I had the boys make these beaded Indian headdress neckerchief slides and I think they look so cool. The boys liked them too... I think it's the first thing I've had them do they really enjoyed.
Also, garden update: I must confess, I never actually planted radishes. I even watered the squares the first few days forgetting it was just dirt. Ha. I intended to, but when I went to the store to buy the seeds, they were all out and Angela reminded me I needed to plant Marigolds to keep the bugs out. End result? One of my radish squares became a tomato plant (not tomato season, but the plant was free) and the other is home for the Marigolds (not my flower of choice, but if it keeps the bugs out...) It's been one week and one day and I have at least one plant coming up of every kind. Most of them are itty bitty and when I went to take pictures tonight, I didn't even see them, Jason pointed them out, but they are there! How cool is that? Aren't seeds amazing? They do NOTHING until they are planted in soil and have the proper nourishment and then they become living plants and produce food. And to think just over a week ago some were as small as a little fleck of pepper. I also planted some other flowers hoping they'd make me happier. I love flowers and I love growing things, so obviously I'm enjoying my flowers.

Other than that, Clara is recovering from a cold and I'm hacking non-stop and waking up all night. I used to never get sick and this is our second round in the last few months. I think I'm just so worn down that my body can't fight off anything... Last night I could tell I was getting a cold sore under my nose and thought, just what I need. But I wasn't surprised: no sleep + sickness + maximum stress = cold sores for Anna. Well, apparently that wasn't enough, because today I sprouted a big FAT patch of Shingles by my eye. If you've known me long enough, you've seen the beauty of it. I know I haven't had Shingles since I've been married, but Jason told me he's never seen it, so it's been maybe six years or so. I'm pretty sure that's my body saying I can't handle anymore... because that was really the cherry on top! Looking on the brightside, I suppose I can now go as a Leper for Halloween. Ah ha ha. :)

3 comments:

Beka said...

anna- i'm so excited your plants are coming up so good and fast! i'm jealous, i want one too! sorry you are still sick, please call me if i can help watch Clara or anything ok? dont be too prideful! I want to help!!!

Bekah: said...

you poor thing!!! you need to take it easy!!! i wish i lived closer, i'd come help you!!! hang in there and get better!

angela hardison said...

So, that Indian thing looks way cooler than how you described it was going to look.and I'm really sorry you are sick and have a cold sore and shingles...sheesh! Let me know if you need anything. I'm just a few miles away.