Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Too Late

I'm still sick, I have been waking up exhausted and with a sore stomach from coughing all night, my throat hurts again from coughing, my house is a mess, I have TONS of work to do and it's nearing midnight. Oh, but that is when I do my best blogging. After working, it's my way of clearing my mind so that I get a peaceful night sleep. And work I did, cleaning up mess after mess, the fun just never ends with one of my clients. I am pretty sure his prior accounting firm has some issues.

Along with Clara pulling herself up for the first time Monday, she also has started sitting up. She only does it in her crib when she wakes up, so I have yet to see how she manages. That night we lowered her crib and apparently without the bumper she was either scared or kept rolling into the side and hurting herself because she woke up twice within a few hours after I laid her down. And yes, that means we put the bumper back up. I also think her top teeth are making their way down for their grand entry. I am scared she won't be as cute with two huge white teeth popping out of her mouth. Is that a normal fear? Today was her 9-month check up. Results? Still scrawny! The doc wants me to only nurse her twice a day and shovel the solids down. I humbly told him no thank you, I didn't want my milk to dry up and that I would just feed her solids more frequently. I'm sure Dr.'s don't really enjoy people like me. Oh, and I told her her symptoms and I was right on with my Roseola diagnosis. I had to give myself a pat on the back for that one.

There's been many discussions on blogging. I decided to share some of my thoughts on the things I have heard regarding blogs. Don't worry, this won't be as boring as a blog I look forward to writing comparing our current taxation system, flat tax and consumption tax. :) Anyway, people say blogging is bad because it has decreased our interaction with other humans. To that, I disagree. The people we would spend time talking on the phone to and hanging out with, we still will. For all the others, we probably would NEVER talk to them or know of their lives, but thanks to blogging, we DO have communication with them. So blogging doesn't detract from our social network, it expands it. Next, people say everyone is superficial on their blogs. Well yes, there are certainly some that put on a front to allow all readers to believe they live in a fairytale (mine's not really a front, in fact, our house is nicknamed Fairytale). To this, I would say I think blogs have actually encouraged more positive outlooks on life. We tend to look for humor in life more often and focus on the positive things that happen. People just take pictures for their blogs. Oh how true this is, but I think it's such a good thing. Wouldn't you LOVE to have that kind of visual documentary of when you were little? I sure would!

So, as far as I'm concerned, the only real drawback to blogging is the time addicts spend doing it. I am happy to say I have cut back significantly... probably only because I have been working too much (by the way, working is totally overrated).

6 comments:

Beka said...

Why do people waste their time criticizing other peoples blogs? Who cares what someone posts unless it directly insults someone! Why does it matter if they take pics just for their blog? I agree, i wouldnt want to read someone's blog who was always negative. And i think i've kept in touch with you more now that we both blog than before. But as far as being a blog addict...i'm guilty!

angela hardison said...

Well here's a plus: I think that blogs encourage people's creativity!

Unfortunately it also provides room for plagiarism (funny story... I'll talk to you about it later). But I probably won't call you or come hang out with you and tell you about it, because I don't really like to interact with humans in person. ; )

Kathryn said...

Anna, I know you are probably thinking of me when you write about people having issues with some blogs. As for my picture theory, I always take pictures and think, "oh, that will look cute on my blog." I have issues with the "forcing a cute moment" part (of which I know I have fallen victim to at times.) I know I am guilty of what your friend Lindsay talked about when her daughter was glad that she wasn't taking her camera to the play place. Half the time I think it is myself that I have issues with.
As for the doctor, call me dumb, but I thought most of the fat that is in a baby's diet comes from their milk intake. Their rice cereal and fruits and vegetables aren't a main source of fat. One thing that helped my girls (especially when Lucy was low on iron) was to add formula to the rice cereal. For a while there I had just been adding water to the cereal because nursing two babies doesn't leave anything left over for the cereal and for some dumb reason I thought it was going to be bad to add formula. Silly, silly me. Instead, I had a low in iron baby. When I started adding formula I thought it made them a little more healthier and it helped add more iron to my Lucy. But you can veto that idea too. As for weight, there is a baby in our ward that is a year old and weighs 15 pounds and her mom says she is the biggest eater in the family. So who knows.
There's my novel and my 5 cents.

Lindsay said...

As far as the blogs go, I've been able to find SO many people that I've otherwise lost in touch with through blogs, which is amazing!! I think it's a good way to keep in touch on a more frequent basis with friends that you may not see as often, for instance, my optometry school friends (the wives of Matt's classmates) that we'll be parting from in 6 weeks.

And on the upping the solids, did you tell your ped that breastmilk or formula should be the main source of nutrition for the first year of life? Solids are just a supplement. But seeing as how you obviously already know that, keep up the good work. Maybe Clara will never be a 90th %ile baby!! Heck, last time I checked, you're not an Amazon woman! ;) My Blakey has ALWAYS been in the 10th-15th %ile for weight. The important thing is that kids stay on their growth curve. Clara looks healthy and happy to me!

The Blakes said...

I'm a bit of a blog addict myself. When I went back to work, I promised myself I would cut back. I find other people's lives so fascinating!

Thanks for posting on my blog! I'd love any insight you have for UOP. I have a masters, I just need the hookup now!

Hopefully I'll see you soon again at Beka's!

Jen & Blake said...

I'm sorry that you are still feeling crappy, I really want to chat with you in the hall on Sunday. Hopefully I will be in RS and you'll be feeling better. I love to read about your thoughts, I think everyone is right there with you!