I am very grateful for my home. HOWEVER, I would also like to move. :) When I say this I sometimes feel like a little brat because we have much more living space than some people, but there is NO storage in our house. Clara's room is 8' x 9' and it's a good thing we didn't get a dresser because there is no room for it. Plus, our third bedroom is a guest room so our desk is in our room. Our room is big, until you try to make it into a bedroom+office, and then it gets a little cramped, especially since I'm working from home and Jason has plenty of reminders of when he worked from home. Aside from our little house with no storage, it would be nice to be closer into 'town'. Although, we really aren't that far away and in less than a year, we will be about a mile away from two different on-ramps to the 202. The downsides of moving would be, well, to move everything, leaving our great ward and friends out here and I would miss the feeling of being a little distanced from the chaos of the city. We obviously can't move anytime soon, or at least until our blessed little home in Utah sells, but it is fun to plan and think about what we would do if we could move. So, the more I look and think about this, the more I realize there are essentially four options if we move:
A. Buy a good sized lot on Power and McKellips and build in oh, five or six years
B. Buy a much smaller (not quite half the size) lot on Lindsday and McKellips and build in three years or so
C. Buy an older, smaller (smaller than what I'd like, but definitely bigger than our current home) home closer to my parents
D. Buy a newer, bigger home out here where we already live
So... now is the time for everyone to leave me their comments and tell me what they think and why. I need all the help I can get when it comes to making decisions.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sea
Where do you live right now anyway? You could always follow the masses and move out to Queen Creek! :D
my vote is...
E. wait a few years and buy a big, old, amazing house for really cheap in pennsylvania (or somewhere else to be determined) and be next door neighbors with angela & clint. also force the rest of the family to move to the same place and start a melzer neighborhood.
i think my next poll will be whether we are more likely to move to QC or Pennsylvania...
Anna, I don't know if you will even see this, but my vote is to buy a lot and I'll try not to be too jealous. No, really, if you enjoy your neighborhood, don't be in too big of a hurry to move. Make your guest room usuable for you guys. I've decided, what's the point in dedicating a room to just guests when we only have guests a few times a year? What about the rest of the 360 days. I want to ejoy that space. Our spare space is currently under revamping because of that reason. When guests come, you can still make them feel welcome and special without having to set aside your only spare room forever. There, thats my new opinion.
Post a Comment