skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Random Thoughts
Last night I decided I wanted to do the night in reverse and go get our FHE treat first, put Clara to sleep, eat dinner and then have FHE. I'm the mom, I can make those decisions. I love it. Anyway, we were going to look at some lots first, but the gate was closed. Grrr... I drove around in the subdivision earlier in the day and wanted to see what Jason thought about them. I would love to buy a lot and build on it in about five years. We'll see about that. After that, I decided I am completely lazy and so we got dinner at Del Taco. I had never eaten there until I met Jason. Anyway, we got our ice cream at Cold Stone and then came home and fed Clara and put her to bed. On the way home, Clara was getting really fussy. It was past her bedtime and feeding time, so she had every right to be. I was kind of singing and Jason said, what's that one... meaning 'A Child's Prayer' and he sang it with me. Although we both started cracking up multiple times on the duet part since we were getting off, I thought how grateful I am to have a husband that would suggest and sing with me to our fussy baby. Jason is not into music AT ALL, so this was much out of his realm, but he didn't gawk at it and think I was a dork like a lot of people I know would have done. Also on our way home, we saw the first Haboob of the year rolling in... Clara's first too. I would have enjoyed more rain, but all in due time. I LOVE RAIN. Especially when it's accompanied with the entertainment of a lightening and thunder storm. Jason and I decided we are very grateful for a garage to go into so we didn't have to be exposed to the wall of dust. All day and every day, it seems, I have a slew of random thoughts constantly going through my wee little mind. Then, when Clara is napping and I have some time to think, I feel like they all try to come out of my mind but since there are so many, they all get lost in the commotion in there. Today Clara and I went and got Jason and his friend from work and went to lunch at Rigatony's. As we were eating, Jason's friend asks, "Does that cop have his gun pointed at someone?" Jason and I turned around and sure enough, there was a half dozen or so cops with one guy handcuffed and another guy held up with a gun in front of the Bashas'... the Bashas' where a guy went crazy and shot and killed the produce manager a year or so ago. When I see stuff like that, I always wish I knew the story behind it. Ahhh, West Mesa at its finest. After lunch, Clara and I went to my mom's. Her living room is a step below the rest of the house. I went and sat in the hall to see if Clara would crawl up the step and she did without hesitation. When she got to it she just pushed up from her knees to her feet and then pulled herself forward. It's amazing how mobile they can be just when they are scooting. Plus, when we are at our house, it seems like she is even quicker because our house is small so getting from one end of the room to the other takes very little time. And by the way... I'm still waiting for someone to buy our house in Utah. Come on, we all know someone in Utah... it's now stuccoed. Here's a picture of it before it got stuccoed.
1 comment:
Clara is lucky both you and jason sing to her. we are the opposite, curt is always singing hymns and such to cache at bedtime and not me. i know i need to sing to my kid. i need to memorize some primary songs and then maybe i can sing. in the meantime, cache is extra lucky he has got a singing dad. :) i wonder if you saw, ashley's husband, matt arresting that guy at bashas, matt works in west mesa. I hope when the UT home sells you make lots and LOTS of money for all of its headaches! i like how you say, "Grrr..." It looks like a pretty home so far!
Post a Comment