Friday, July 6, 2007
Day 7: Friday July 6th
Home at last... We had to leave a day earlier than everyone else because Jason's 2nd 5 week Summer school class started Monday and he has already missed the maximum days permitted (3). I was so glad he was able to come because there was a point that he thought he wouldn't be able to come and take that class, but he worked it out so he could do both. It was the first trip we've been on since I think last August and the first time he's come with Clara and me (aside from little day or two-day trips up North). However, this did turn out to be one of the most exhausting trips. The house we rented had three rooms and was pretty big, but, it was all tile and wood floor and the ceilings were VERY vaulted... which created a very loud and ECHOEY (if that's not a word, it should be) living area. Clara's pack and play was under the stairs and there was a cut out from our room into the hall (don't ask... it was designed that way but I still can't figure out why). So, Clara rarely took her naps while we were up there and it kept getting worse and worse. She's not used to having other babies around or that many people so she just couldn't get her naps down. Then, she got sick so she started waking up at like 11pm or 12am (CO time, an hour later than AZ) and would still wake up at 6am. Anyway, it was rough on her and for that reason, I was anxious to come home. We left at 640am and got home at 302pm... less than 8.5 hours because we only stopped once. Clara was a champ and slept most of the way home, I'm sure to make up for all the sleep she lost during the week. One really frustrating thing about driving is she will turn her head sideways and look up at me with her big blue eyes and I want so bad to pick her up and squeeze her. :) She was super hyper when we got home and was so glad to be out of her seat. And now, I'm exhausted. Vacations are tiring, especially when you have to blog about everything and you take as many pictures as me!! :) I am so tired and my head is actually spinning right now, that's a little freaky and I'm guessing that's my signal... TOO MUCH BLOGGING.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow, that was fun to read! Clara seemed to enjoy her sucker...I think that means she is ready for her cheeseburger...get to it mommy!!
i am sooooooooo glad you are finally home! everyday i would look at your blog and there was nothing new to read, and even though we dont hang out everday, i missed you like we did! i love the pics, glad you had fun!
Post a Comment