Friday, July 6, 2007

Day 2: Sunday July 1st

Today we started the day by going to church at the Silverton Branch. I have never been to a branch before and was shocked how TINY the membership was. There were 13 people there when we got there and then four more visitors showed up. The Branch President is married to the Organist and one of their daughters was the Sunday School teacher. We actually missed RS and Priesthood because the website has the Winter hours, not Summer. Nonetheless, it is always great to see that the Church is true no matter where you are and that the Spirit can be felt regardless of the number in attendance. I thought it would be a little awkward to have Fast and Testimony meeting with so few people but it was good. The only kids there were visitors, but they did have a teeny room set up for the Nursery. All the kids went in there for Nursery/Primary during Sunday School and I heard my mom say to James (who is ELEVEN), "Maybe you could be the Nursery Leader." Anyway, I guess they used to meet in the Town Library, but now they have a tiny little building. We took this picture another day when we were walking around just so I could show all how tiny the building is! After church, we took some pictures by the house... Here is Lily, my mom and James on the balcony of the house. When Ryan and I decided to go, we decided my mom could come and we wouldn't have her pay for the house if she helped out. She helped out lots... it was like having a personal chef and babysitter for free!Here is a picture of the train from the balcony. It was literally across the street from us. Here's us before we went on a walk... but don't let the fact that Jason is in the picture deceive you into thinking he went with us. He "doesn't like walking" so he just stayed at the house by himself. What a bum! He said he'd go another time but we never ended up going on a "nature" walk. Oh well, life goes on.
James on part of a RR track. Me, Clara, James and Lily in front of a little house by the train depot. There were things like this all over the town. In 1990, I think it was, there town had a population of like 25,000... and now it's just over 500. Lily and James didn't complain when I took hundreds of pictures. :)Grandma gave Clara a dandelion, which makes for a cute picture... oh but wait, remember Clara puts everything in her mouth that she gets in her hand. Most things I don't mind, but weeds, maybe not, which is why I am having to hold her arm down.

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

It looks really beautiful there! You're lucky your mom was able to go and help! How fun!