Saturday, June 16, 2007

i love shopping

i don't know why, but every day i get older, i love shopping that much more. the funny part is, now that i'm not working full-time and jason has cut back to working part-time as he finishes up school, we are making less than we ever have since we've been married. so, this is an odd time for me to develop my more-than-normal obsession with shopping. when i go, i have every intention of buying great clothes and shoes for myself and always end up with nothing for me and stuff for clara that she certainly doesn't 'need'. yesterday, i went and met angela and my friend karen for a little shopping adventure. everywhere is having GREAT sales, especially all the kids' stores (the children's place, baby gap, gymboree, nordstrom). so clara got more clothes and i got nothing. it is just much more enjoyable to buy her cute little clothes. and let me just say, nordstrom has the greatest mother's lounge (i discovered this in san diego). so no more having the mean lady in jc penny tell me i can't nurse in an empty dressing room, i have to use the nasty bathroom.


oh, and a couple of months ago, jason showed me the soles of his dress shoes and i was a bit embarassed. there were huge CHUNKS out of them. so he's been wearing his docs from his mission. hmmm... so i bought him some nice shoes thanks to nordstrom having their half-yearly. hooray! i love sales. the only bad part about shopping is clara is in her car seat/stroller for way too long. i had to go do payroll yesterday so she was in her carseat for the beginning half of the day before we even went shopping. sometimes i feel like i neglect her... but maybe that's why i have SO many pictures of her in her car seat. or maybe that's because when she's in her car seat it's much easier to get her to look at the camera.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love all her cute bowbands! I hope I have another girl so I can adorn her with them! And coolio about the mother's room at Nordstroms!! Gavin only nurses right when he wakes up in the morning now, but I'll have to check that out sometime!

Jen & Blake said...

Oh, I can relate to developing the shopping habit when it's not too convenient. And it's just way more fun to shop for your kids! Everything fits them, as for me, finding clothes is a chore! That's why I always find myself buying more clothes for Camden then myself. Hey atleast our kids are dressed cute, right?